I just finished with my blocks of the month quilt(s) so I'm cross posting.
It was going to be one big quilt (adding 2 blocks to make a 4x5) but then I realized I don't like oranges and browns and I had no use for one big quilt either for myself or a gift, so instead it's been added to (total 24 blocks) to make two smaller quilts for the charity quilting project I participate in.
I made one of the 'darks' -- the blocks that ended up reading darker than average. The brown sashing looks much better in reality than it does in this photo. I ran out of it -- I had to do some creative piecing of that fabric to make a proper sashing and use the other fabric for the top and bottom borders. oops.
The 'lights' one needed 4 extra blocks by the time I was done so I reused the same patterns since I was too lazy to look up any other 9 patch blocks. Not enough time for it. I was doing quilt as you go row by row and accidentally switched the top and bottom rows so the blocks didn't end up where I had planned but I can live with it.
I finished the blocks a while ago but it took forever to finish the quilting. Far too much scheduled lately. I'm glad that task is done, though. On to the other 9,999,998 unfinished projects.